Make Your Extra Day Count
So the post below is from my original blog from November 2011, I was reminded of it a couple of weeks ago when someone asked what are my dreams and goals? Immediately this lists came to mind. I hadn’t visited it in awhile and I realized while I have marked a couple off I still have a long way to go and some will never come off the list unless the Beastie Boys tour hologram style with Adam Yauch aka MCA. So in honor of our extra day this year, an extra day to seize opportunity here’s my bucket list circa 2011.
Original Post: MyMaesa.blogspot.com
I always wanted to sit down and figure out what is it exactly I don’t want to miss the opportunity to do. In essence create my bucket list, by definition this is a list of all the things you want to do before you kick the bucket. Thanks Urban Dictionary for that one. Of course it’s best to have items on your list that you will be able to carry out but go ahead be bold with yours throw a couple of things on there that may be in the realm of impossibility for you as well.
I was lucky enough this past summer to knock one item off my list even though I had no set in stone list. I took the opportunity and flew out to L.A. to see a band I’ve been dying to see for some time now, and it was everything I had hoped and better. Only had the slight drawback of possible eardrum damage but I’ll worry about that later right? Anybody got a whisper 2000?
So now I’m ready to expand on my list and I feel like now is as good as time as any to really map this out. So here we go hopefully I’ll be able to share with you when I cross a couple of these off.
1. Learn another language – preferably French (I know I know that should come in handy here in Texas) but I hope to take Lauren there someday as she has a healthy curiosity for the most romantic city, Paris.
2. Learn how to ski – even if it is the bunny slope
3. Travel to Bora Bora and spend 2 weeks on my lagoon hut and diving for black pearls in Tahiti.
4. Learn to scuba dive, so I can find those pretty pearls.
5. Australia would be nice to see.
6. And to see Ireland, Denmark & Italy to see where exactly I came from.
7. Finish learning how to fly a helicopter.
8. See all the United States.
9. Color my hair pink (just once not sure about permanent either)
10. See Rage Against the Machine (this one is technically off the list now as I was able to see them this past summer, I just needed to see some progress on this ever-growing list, hahaha)
11. Try canoeing or rafting
12. Learn how to play guitar (and not just strumming on my steering wheel as I cruise down the road.)
13. Sing Karaoke (finally did this one last year, definitely needed a strong dose of liquid courage)
14. Ride in a hot air balloon.
15. Ride a mechanical bull (may need some of that liquid courage for this one too.)
16. Chop a board in half with my hand (did this one a couple of years back and might I say I felt like She-Ra!!)
17. Go on a zip line
18. Stay at an all-inclusive resort
19. Watch a space shuttle launch (hopefully the program will be resurrected)
20. See the Grand Canyon
21. Stand on the state line on Hoover Dam
22. See the Northern Lights
23. Go to a real rain forest
24. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orléans
25. Visit Mount Rushmore
26. Spend day at Sea World in Orlando and go behind the scenes with trainers
27. Go to Jimmy Bondurant School in Florida
28. Watch a race at Texas Motor Speedway
29. Visit Disneyland
30. See the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco
31. Go to the Pike Place Market in Seattle
32. See the Eiffel Tower
33. Learn to play chess
34. Learn how to weld metal artistically
35. Learn how to cook really well (And not just hamburger helper)
36. Restore a classic car
37. Learn how to sew (more than buttons and pillows)
38. Quit smoking
39. Write a children’s book
40. Earn a living doing something I love not just something I’m good at.
41. Spend a week at Lake Austin Spa and Resort
42. Drive an Aston Martin
43. Own my own business
44. Own my home
45. Learn more about finances
46. Invest in stocks
47. Find the love of my life
48. Make sure kids go to college
49. Have more kids
50. Make kids happy and healthy
51. Visit San Diego zoo
52. Own a house on the lake
53. Learn inner peace
54. Learn how to meditate
55. See an Opera
56. Watch a ballet
57. Go to a Broadway play
58. Go to a professional football game
59. See Gwen Stefani in concert
60. See the Beastie Boys again
61. Go to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
62. Do New Years Eve on Times Square
63. Successfully totally adopt the law of attraction
64. Be able to stay home and raise my kids but still make an income from home.
65. Learn to be organized
66. Have a maid
67. Have a pool in my backyard
68. Win the lottery
69. Spoil my grand children
70. Have a hammock in my backyard
I think this is a nice start to my little list I’m happy to say there were a few more things I would have gladly included on here, only to realize I’ve already done them so maybe I’ll fill you in on those later on. I hope this serves as inspiration and you too will think about what you would most like to have done before you KICK THE BUCKET…