Instant Mood Boost
My days are anything but boring these days, the typical day is usually non stop from beginning to end and while similar rarely look exactly the same. I try to find little things that can not only boost my mood but the kiddos mood too. While some on this list are all mommie related some quick fixes get my toddlers quickly from near meltdown to happy-go-lucky in no time. Well most of the time let’s be honest here sometimes toddlers are just toddlers and tweens are just tweens!
- Time Out: That’s right sometimes mommies need a timeout too I wish I too could get a whole minute for how old I am that would be 37 glorious minutes all to myself! But that’s clearly unrealistic during the day, although a toddler time out is sometimes called for.
- Aromas: As a Realtor I am always telling homeowners to make sure their home smells lovely before a showing or an open house, it does trigger emotions and feelings in individuals of happiness. This is true in the home too! I’m a sucker for pumpkin spice and apple pie scents so if I burn a candle or melt some waxes it’s sure to lift my mood.
- Laugh Out: This is sort of like the time out but you have to remember to have fun this life especially with little ones moves so fast, so you have to put the laptop, phone or cooking down for a minute and laugh it out with the kiddos. This may be my favorite one!
- Naptime: Haha Kind of playing with this one but in all seriousness it’s so important to make sure these little guys get the rest they need to be at their tip top best. My older one swears she’s not tired but low and behold the minute I put her in her crib she’s down for the count. Then when she wakes mommie gets a whole new version of the cutie I know and love!
- Mommie Time: Even though I work from home it is very important I schedule time and set up play exclusively with the kids or I can see a demise in their behavior. When I worked in an office 9-5 I had to set aside time right when I got home to play, before the dinner, baths and bed. It’s important they know it’s not all rigid scheduled no fun time. Remember they are only kids for a very small time.
- Take a Walk: We like to get outside, luckily we live in a climate where most of the year we can do this comfortably. We are all outside babies, I constantly have the backdoor open so wee can go outdoors and explore. But we take walks to check the mail, go to the neighborhood playground or just around the block. This picture below was fro a fun walk we had the other day with Dean and Alyse.
**Of course then we have days like yesterday when the 2 year old wanted to go the playground and after a walk around the block and mommie said “no not today” instead of saying “ok mommie” she went into major meltdown mode (just in time for my oldest daughters best friends mommie to see, whom I hadn’t had a chance to meet yet, as she was walking with her family)…MOOD BOOST DENIED!!!